Keep calm and boost your immune system!
It seems like it’s hard to go 5 minutes without hearing something about the coronavirus. It’s everywhere on the news, on social media, and in almost every conversation. Right now is a great time to focus on our health because a healthy body is the best defense against not just the coronavirus but any virus or illness.
Before going over the ways to help support your body, I want to take a moment to acknowledge how to support your mental and emotional health right now. The increased stress and negative energy surrounding COVID-19 is only adding to the complexity of the issue. Stress is something that decreases our immune function and can leave us more susceptible to disease.
So take some of these steps to help maintain some mental balance during this time of uncertainty:
1. Limit the amount of time watching the news or on social media. The constant messaging of this crisis is overwhelming and too stimulating to the body.
2. Focus on self-care. Take time to just be still or to get outside and away from everything. Find a self-care routine that can be done daily. Keep it simple – 5 minutes of meditation or a 20 minute walk.
3. Stay connected to those you love. Make a phone call, send a text. Talk about what you are grateful for with that person – stay focused on the positive things that are happening in your life right now.
4. Create space to acknowledge and sit with any fear. It’s a bit of a scary time right now, don’t deny those feelings, create a space to hold those emotions but to also not let those emotions rule your life and your actions.
Supporting your body’s immune system:
1. Sunlight – sunshine is one of the most powerful immune boosting medicines we have. Get outside! I know a lot of people are working from home right now, so take advantage of not having to commute or be stuck in an office and spend more time outside.
2. Move your body – movement helps to activate the lymphatic system which is the system that moves toxins, waste, and antigens (bacteria, viruses) out of the body. Run, jump, skip! Or you could also try dry brushing which also helps to activate the lymphatic system.
3. Eat whole foods! Focus on lots of veggies, healthy fats, and quality proteins. Our bodies need clean energy to maintain a good immune system.
- Ginger, Garlic, Turmeric, Lemon, Bone broth, Beef Gelatin, Broccoli sprouts are all immune boosting. Incorporate some of these daily.
- Coconut oil, thyme, and olive leaves are all anti-viral, anti-bacterial.
4. Supplements that support immune health:
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin C
- Nanopartical Silver (not colloidal silver)
- Oregano Oil
- Medicinal Mushrooms
*Be sure to check that these supplements are the right fit for you. Some of them have contra-indications for people with overactive immune systems** I have linked some of the products/brands that I use and trust. Note that a lot of immune products are on backorder right now due to the increased demand.
5. Essential oils for immunity
- Tea Tree
*Be sure to get a food grade essential oil like DoTerra*
6. SLEEP! The body needs sleep and rest in order to maintain health. The body needs time to remove and repair anything that is damaged and this can only be done during deep sleep. Prioritize sleep and rest as much as possible.
7. WASH YOUR HANDS! I feel like this one should be a given, but since toilet paper is selling out instead of soap, I think it needs to be mentioned! Remember, hand washing is way more effective than hand sanitizer (it actually lowers immune function!) While talking about this, I know people are reaching for cleaners like Clorox, Lysol, and bleach, and while yes those are good at killing bacteria, they are also very hard on our body – lots to detox and our endocrine system takes a big hit. So opt for cleaner/safer cleaning products. I personally love Branch Basics for all my cleaning needs, including my soap!
I can tell you that the clients I have been working with for awhile now have not gotten sick this season. Their bodies are just more equipped to handle any bugs that are out there because we have naturally supported their immune system by focusing on these pillars of health. By finding out their underlying causes, they’ve been able to up-regulate all systems of the body, including immunity. It all works together!! Have an imbalance in one area leave us more vulnerable to have dysfunction in other areas including our eicosanoid function (immune). This crisis is a good reminder that good health truly is invaluable and is worth more than any material item.
So if you’ve been thinking about focusing on and reclaiming your health, now is the time to do it. Please schedule your complimentary discovery session with me today if you are ready to take that step. I do everything virtually, so we are able to main social distancing! Don’t get defeated by what’s going on right now, let it drive you, let it motivate you.
Book your complimentary call today!